Aiming to establish a renowned Australian design practice, furniture and lighting designer Dean Toepfer is committed to producing quality, functional and honest designs with an emphasis on detail and originality. His interests lay in the exploration of materials, shapes and forms, seeing how each one can interact and coincide with one another. Stripping back all unnecessary elements he has developed an appreciation for contemporary design using mixed materials and manufacturing techniques. His primary objective is to create an Australian furniture and lighting brand that can compete on an international level.
Dean has vigorously pursued a creative path in design, originally studying fashion design and working in the industry for 5 years, he then changed mediums completing a Degree in Furniture Design at RMIT University in 2016. On graduating his degree he was offered an Associateship at the JamFactory where he continues to developed and refined his design aesthetic.
exhibitions & accolades
- VIVID design competition finalist (Ziami pendant light)
- Fringe furniture exhibition (Ziami pendant light)
- Fringe furniture exhibition (Hause stool)
- Erik Romke award - RMIT University
- Student excellence grant - RMIT University
- JamFactory associateship 2017 - 2018
- DenFair Front / Centre finalist (rebel futurism pendant & side table)
- VIVID exhibition finalist (ziggy chair)
- Workshopped exhibition (ziggy chair & rebel futurism pendant)
- Fringe furniture exhibition (ziggy chair & rebel futurism pendant)
- Interior Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) finalist - Object: Furniture & Lighting Rising (ziggy chair)
- DenFair Front / Centre finalist (Chroma Pendant)
- Domaine de Boisbuchet Scholarship - France